Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tiring but fruitful day

Today woke up 6 o'clock in the morning, just because of joining this Asia Pacific Wireless Broadband Forum (APWBF) in Nikko Hotel near KLCC. Overall it was quite useful for me as the communication engineering major, although I didn't grab all the content being presented there due to the language barrier (most of the presenters are Japanese) and technicality, but I appreciate what I have gotten there and people flew all the way from Japan to share something with you.

What I must highlight here is that the speech given by Dato' Seri Dr. Lim Keng Yaik, the Minister of Water, Communications and Energy. I was really impressed by his humorous but straight to the point speech that has outlined the problems faced in telecommunications industry in Malaysia. He even joked about the 3G is girl, game and gambling in Japan...haha..I really admired his bravery of speaking of the true situation and well analysis of telecom industry in Malaysia...

Dr. Lim giving his inspirational speech


The forum ended in 5pm then took the peak hour LRT from KL area back to home....then I thought of some questions when next time I start working whether I should travel by car or LRT...I always think of travel by LRT can save a lot of times and money, but after squeezing like sardin fish today in LRT then I have to think twice before making any wise decision in future.....

OK.Back to home around 7pm not more than half an hour after taking bath, I straight went to Cineleisure for Young Engineers Nite organized by YES. As usual, meeting new friends and socializing with the people, chit-chating and talking crab even you don't even know the person very well. I admit that last time I was very bad in socializing, but after so many this kind of sessions in IEM activities, I think I am automatically got used to this kind of situation or shall I call environment has trained me to bull-shit socialize a lot....

We had a game session at the end, unfortunately our team lost it....so as a punishment we got to wear a movie costume prepared by the restaurant...wow, I thought those who won should get the chance to wear....haha

So I changed myself into....

1 comment:

Hon Mun said...

wow...I never c you wearing under on ouside, Y you dun transform into superman ?