Sunday, February 25, 2007

Transit at Dubai

After coming back 3 months from there, today I just have time to blog this place where I transited from there to London. But I wasn't there for a long time, just my plane touched down at around 5am and need to depart again at 2pm. So in this 8 hours time, I went to the Dubai city to see and experience a bit of the culture there. After some 8 hours flight from KLIA, I finally arrived at Dubai...Basically, Dubai is divided into 2 area. One is Deira where the airport is located and another one is Al Ghubaiba where the hub of the city is there. The picture above was standing at Deira looking at Al Ghubaiba. To cross this river(which I also don't know what name the river is), usually tourists will take a kind of water taxi called Abra which costs only 50 Dirham!!so cheap!!! (1 Dirham ~ 1 Ringgit).
Abra
Given such a short time, I only had time to see the most famous creature of Dubai- which is this->
Night View

I bet all of you should know what building is this...this building was aired throught TV programme quite frequently 3-4 years back when it was just opened. It is called Burj al-Arab - the first seven-star hotel in the world...Unfortunately, the entrance fee to go inside is very expensive, that's why I didn't go inside to have a look. But according to the sources, the cheapest rate to stay one night here cost you about USD 1000 per night, and the highest rate is for the Royal Suite which is USD 28000 per night!!! (p/s: with this money, I can already buy an apartment in Selangor area) But for the rich people, this money is just nothing...
I was there...
Jumeirah Beach
After visiting Burj al-Arab, I took bus back to the Dubai city. What even more interesting I found out is that I hardly could see any local women in this city...oh ya, this is a typical scene in any other Arab countries. In Arabian mindset, women should sit at home and take care of baby. And don't you even know that when women walk on the street also need to cover all their body part?I guess you guys have seen it even in Malaysia...This is so conservative!!!Maybe it's their culture, I have no comments at all...I just wonder how can I survive in this city!!haha...I am not that desperate la...One good thing I can see from this culture is that the men are very gentlemen, they will let everything to be lady first...e.g. while all the men need to queue to get on the bus, the women just can cut queue and board the bus first...there's even some buses especially for women only...no guys allowed ~_~
My reflection

Next stop - Gold SouqSouk is Arabic word means a place where any kind of goods can be sold or exchanged. This place is just like Petaling Street in KL, the difference is that here sell gold more than any other stuffs, it is the largest gold market in UAE. Since I am not a gold lover, I just took a stroll and bought a Dubai T-shirt...I headed to airport to catch my flight to London after that. That's an end to my Dubai trip. Short but memorable...Bye bye Dubai, if I have chance I would come again and stay longer. On the way to London, I saw this...wow... really a breathtaking scene, isn't it?

No comments: